This release is focused on improving some existing parts of the Tableplop for quality of life. I've also been hard at work making improvements to character sheets to make them more flexible and easy to customize but they took longer than expected and so will have to wait for Beta 15.
- Multi file upload is here, you can now upload many files at once.
- File icons are improved - new uploads will now generate a small version which is used for the resources page and in avatars and scene images to improve load time.
- The hierarchy can now be searched to find individual tokens quickly.
- Added appearances section to token export/import
- Added a scene specific setting for snap to grid
- Added rounds counter to initiative
- Changed Minify rolls setting to a campaign setting instead of a personal setting. This is default on, if you don't want to see rolls minified go to the campaign settings tab to disable it for you and your players.
- Text token text size now supports a granular slider for more flexible sizing.
- The new token menu has been rebuilt to make it consistent with other parts of Tableplop.
- The old upload menu should be replaced everywhere in favour of the new resources view to reduce redundant code and offer the same options everywhere.
- Improved scene load time by making it request all its resources simultaneously.
- Right clicking a folder in the list will no longer expand it
- Fixed subtitles for 4 level skill attributes
- Fixed the local/global toggle on attributes not being saved correctly
- Fixed spectator mode defaults back to normal mode on scene change
- Fixed a bug where Patreon connections would expire before they should
- Fixed a bug where character checkboxes missing a max attribute would cause the page to not load.
Beta 14 Patch 1
Some fixes for Beta 14 and small additions.
- Fixed adding, then removing dice left empty curly brackets in the message box
- Added an automatic character category for Player Characters
- Re-added checkboxes for adding multiple characters at a time from the new token modal
- Moved the send message button into the message box
- Added a 'hidden' toggle for messages to send in hidden mode
- Fixed an issue where characters were added at the wrong size, size now always matches the file's size
- Re-added sort options to resources
- Fixed a bug creating characters from the right hand add panel
- Fixed a bug where long character names could hide the character card controls
Beta 14 Patch 2
This patch is here to address some community frustrations with the token scale and rotate handles. These have had some issues for a while, registering clicks a little outside the handles and generally getting in the way when you want to move a token and a suggestion for an option to hide them altogether was top voted on discord.
I've made changes to improve the handles as they are and added a setting to hide the handles, revealing them only when the selected token is clicked again. I want to trial these changes for a while and hopefully eventually settle on one as default so let me know if you have any strong thoughts one way or the other.
- Added a shadow and highlight to selected tokens
- Fixed and adjusted scale/rotate handle placement and selection
- Added hiding of handles when zoomed out
- Added moving tokens with arrow keys (with ctrl, alt and shift modifiers)
- Added a setting to hide scale/rotate handles until the token is clicked again after selecting